After many months of preparation and peer review, the Vermonters for a New Economy group has finally completed the study of the economic impacts of a public bank in Vermont. Highlights include:
- over 2,500 new jobs created
- over $190M in new economic value added
- over $340M in additional gross state product
- the existing institutions already have the capital to establish a bank, no new appropriation or bonding needed.
- recommendation that VEDA’s authority be expanded to include banking, which is what S. 204 proposes this year.
Read the study here.
Filed under: Ellen Brown Articles/Commentary |